The Percussion Ensemble involves the study of concert/percussion literature and rehearsal/performance techniques of the ensemble on the moderate and advanced level of achievement. This ensemble requires both inside and outside of school rehearsals and performances throughout the school year. This course will be offered throughout the year and be selected each semester of the student’s school tenure. Since this class requires performance competencies and skills, the Director of Bands must approve all placements in/within the ensemble
Following completion of the course, the student will have a better knowledge and performance ability with/of the following:
- The ability to accurately count and play simple and complex rhythmical patterns, including various note patterns, note and rest values, various tempos and tempo changes.
- The ability to recognize and apply musical notation and symbols commonly used at all musical levels.
- Demonstrate proper performance technique for the varied instruments within the percussion family.
- Perform an assigned musical part within an ensemble, individually, or in a full ensemble setting.
- Perform a variety of musical literatures on an appropriate musical difficulty level from various musical styles and periods.